Apple’s ‘iBooks StoryTime’ for Apple TV Launches in Canada
Last month, Apple launched a new tvOS app for Apple TV 4 users called iBooks StoryTime, and at the time it was limited to customers in the U.S. only. Apple has now quietly expanded the app to Apple TV 4 users in Canada, which means you can now let an app read to your kids.
You can see the app as it’s now under the Featured category:
Apple says the app is recommended for child aged six to eight years old:
iBooks StoryTime gives your family a different way to experience classic kids’ books and discover new favorites. With Read-Aloud narration and beautiful illustrations, every handpicked title in the app transforms Apple TV into an engaging place for young readers to enjoy the stories they love.
• Experience your favorite Read-Aloud books on a large screen.
• With Read-Aloud narration, pages flip automatically as you go.
• Turn Read-Aloud off to read the story aloud to your child.
• iBooks StoryTime works with Siri Remote, making it easy to swipe between pages.
• Buy additional Read-Aloud books on iBooks, from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
• Any Read-Aloud book purchased by you or your family will appear in your iBooks StoryTime library.
While this definitely won’t replace the traditional way of reading to your kids, it brings a new interactive element supported by the Apple TV and the Siri Remote, for swiping to turn pages, plus the Read-Aloud feature.
Click here to check out iBooks StoryTime in the App Store—the app was released in the Canadian App Store on December 1, 2016.