Samsung Takes On iMessage, Launches ChatON Across Multiple Platforms
“Chat Your Way, ChatON!” This is what Samsung is calling its latest venture to compete with Apple’s iMessage and frankly speaking, its not a bad attempt. ChatON is a cross platform instant messaging app (available on the US App Store) which allows users of iOS, Android, Bada and Samsung Feature to communicate with each other for free.
According to the website, the service will also expand to Blackberry, Window mobile and web users soon. The initial version of ChatON for iOS app supports one-to-one chat, group chat, broadcast, message drawing features and allows users to share photos, video, voice snippets, their location, contacts and calendar appointments.
Here is the official iTunes description:
ChatON is a Global Mobile Communication Service that enables you to have better relationships with your buddies or groups.
ChatON brings together all of these methods of communication, expression, and sharing in one place.
1) ChatON supports multi platforms and devices. Users can chat freely through ChatON.
– Currently, ChatON supports iOS, Android, Bada, Samsung Feature and will support Blackberry, Window mobile, web soon.
2) ChatON provides multi ways to make your communication richer.
– 1:1 Chat, Group Chat, Broadcast, Drawing Message, Picture, Video, Voice, Location, Contact, Calendar.
3) Using ChatON, create your own unique drawing message by hand drawing etc.
4) ChatON provides group management feature for easy group chat
5) ChatON provides Interaction rank which informs you how often you chat with your buddies.
6) For every chat room, you can easily see all sent images and videos in a Trunk.
7) Something to say for your buddies? Use ‘Buddies Say’!
** Verification SMS not received? Go to www.ChatON.com for an alternative verification. It’s at the lower right corner”
Below is the direct iTunes download link (US Only):