A couple years ago the Shaw Video on Demand app was launched for iOS. Recently, the app has received a major user interface overhaul and is now known as the Shaw on Demand Search app. It enables Shaw TV customers to browse VOD (Video on Demand) content right from their iOS devices and get orders sent right to their TVs.
Here’s how Shaw explains the new app to us:
The latest development in a series of enhancements to the customer experience, Shaw On Demand Search unlocks the library of on-demand content for customers with set-top boxes. With the app, customers can browse through and order from an impressive selection of over 8,000 movie and TV titles, many in HD and 3D and many available for free or with channel subscriptions.
Optimized for touch screen devices, the sleek looking app introduces intuitive search features to make finding favourite titles a breeze. With one click, on-demand orders are sent directly to the customer’s set-top box, appearing in the “My Orders” section of the Shaw On Demand menu for viewing right away or at their convenience. An option also exists to create a wish list of titles for viewing at a later date.
Here’s the full list of features:
- Instant access to thousands of titles including all your favourite movies and TV shows
- Intuitive interface optimized for touch devices
- Simple and easy login
- Wish-list functionality: Save titles that you want to watch later
- Search all TV on-demand content including favourites from all major broadcast networks
- Smart search: A predictive search and discovery tool that lets you find the content you want, faster.
- One click order: just one tap and your order is sent to your TV
Click here to download the Shaw on Demand Search app–it’s free (and also works for the iPad). If you’re a Shaw TV customer, tell us what you think of this app in the comments.