Bell and Virgin iPhone Unlocking Starts Today for $75
As we first suspected almost a week ago, Bell was set to start unlocking iPhones for the first time starting today, and that has been confirmed according to an internal memo obtained by MobileSyrup. Both Bell and Virgin Mobile will start unlocking the iPhone but there are some requirements before you will be eligible:
- You must own a Bell or Virgin Mobile iPhone outright (i.e. no subsidies remaining)
- You cannot be on contract
- You must be a postpaid Bell or Virgin Mobile customer
- Call into Bell’s Credit & Prevention or via Virgin Care to proceed
- Pay a one-time $75 fee via credit card
The memo notes the next phase in 2013 will look to expand eligibility guidelines.
If we take a look at Apple’s official wireless carrier support page, Bell and Virgin Mobile below should soon be updated to indicate carrier unlocking. This brings all three major wireless carriers on board for unlocking the iPhone:
Who’s looking forward to jumping on this?