Canadian Carriers Offering Free Calls, Texts to Brussels [u]
Following Tuesday’s terrorist attack in Brussels, Belgium, Canadian wireless carriers started offering free calls and texts for their customers to contact loved ones. There are 517 Canadians registered as being in Belgium according to Global Affairs, not everyone registers as it is voluntary (via Global News).
Here are the carriers offering free calls and texts to the country, if you don’t know about them already:
- TELUS/Koodo: all calls and texts to and from the area free until April 5
- WIND Mobile: calls and texts to Belgium free for all prepaid/postpaid customers until March 28
- Rogers: free calls and texts to Belgium—but you must contact Rogers for credit
- Bell: no comment at press time
- (Update) Videotron: free calls and texts until April 5th
- Google Hangouts: free calls to Belgium (to mobile customers from Lycamobile, Mobistar, Proximus, and Telenet); free calls to all landlines in Turkey
- U.S. Carriers: AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile offering free calls to Belgium
We’ll update this post if we have any updates.