Fido Releases New $35 Unlimited CityFido Plan
Today, Fido released another bombshell plan with their new $35 Unlimited City Fido plan. Some of you may remember when Fido launched a similar unlimited calling plan for $50 back in December 2010, but that plan was not available to any smartphone customers.
This new $35 Unlimited CityFido Plan also temporarily replaces the existing $35 (2000 minutes) and $55 (4000 minutes) CityFido Plans.
$35 Unlimited CityFido Plan
This new plan from Fido is available on a 3-year, 2-year, and month-to-month agreement for all existing and new Fido customers in the CityFido Zones (Toronto, Victoria, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, London, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec).
For reference, the plan is detailed below:
- Price: $35.00/month
- Minutes: Unlimited Local Calling In Any CityFido Zone Across Canada
- Evenings/Weekends: Unlimited Local Calling In Any CityFido Zone Across Canada
- Features: Unlimited Canada/International Text MessagingÂ (CDN to CDN, CDN to USA, CDN to International)
For those wondering the difference, aside from price, between the expired $50 Unlimited plan and this $35 Unlimited CityFido plan, it is that the CityFido plans have a specific coverage zone (normally smaller than regular calling areas) and any calls made outside of that coverage zone cost $0.25 per minute. Check out fido.ca for your specific city coverage zone.
If youâ€™re looking to get Fido service, or maybe already have Fido service, this is the only plan to offer unlimited minutes from a major Canadian wireless carrier.
If you call in and have trouble with the rep, use the following plan codes:
- 3-Year: FCN360128
- 2-Year: FCN240128
- Monthly: FCNMM0128
Some quick notes:
- Available nationally in all regions except Quebec.
- New and existing customers.
- Available on monthly, 2, and 3 year terms.
- Expiring “until further notice”