Effective January 24, 2010, Fido will be launching a Prepaid version of the entry level contracted $40 CityFido plan. The new CityFido Prepaid plan will be available in nine cities across Canada, which include Calgary, Edmonton, London, Montreal, Ottawa/Gatineau, Toronto, Quebec City, Vancouver, and Victoria.
The CityFido Prepaid will include the following plan features:
$45 per month
- 1000 in-zone anytime local minutes (Billed by the minute)
- Unlimited Incoming/Outgoing Text Messages (Canada-wide)
- Call Display
- Voice Mail
- Call Waiting
- Call Forwarding
- $0.40 for each additional minute
- $0.40 for each out-of-zone minute*
- $0.40 for each long distance minute**
- $0.25 for each outgoing US/International text message
*The CityFido prepaid zones are city-dependent and are the same CityFido zones found on Fido.ca.
**The CityFido prepaid long distance map is the same as the Local Calling Area maps for Fido plans found on Fido.ca
Since the plan is a Fido prepaid package, customers must have at least $45 per month available in their prepaid balance. Eligible prepaid vouchers include $10, $20, $30, and $50.
A prepaid option also means that an iPhone will have to be purchased outright in order to be used on the prepaid option. Since this is a prepaid plan, and not contracted, there is no discounts provided for devices.