On the eve of the release of the iPhone 3GS, it has come to our attention that select Rogers Wireless dealers will be offering warranties for new purchases of the iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS. If you recall last year, there was no additional warranty for the iPhone 3G outside of the 1 year manufacturers warranty.
There are two different types of warranties. Each warranty will match the contract length that you choose. For example, if you have a 3 year contract, then the warranty is good for 3 years. Please note that these warranties have nothing to do with Apple Inc.
Remember, your iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS still has its 1 year manufacturer warranty through Apple and Rogers from the date of purchase, but these new warranties are offered to extend that coverage and will only be available at the time of purchase.
iPhone 3G/3GS Extended Service Plan
- Varies from $80 to $100 depending on the Rogers Dealer
- Free Parts and labor repair for 3 years (or whatever length your contract is)
- Lemon protection (If your iPhone has continual problems, it will be replaced for free)
- Transferable to other devices (if you buy a new phone before the warranty period is up)
The second warranty option is for liquid/physical damage to the iPhone 3G/3GS and can only be purchased in conjunction with the first warranty. In other words, you cannot buy just the Liquid/Physical damage warranty alone.
iPhone 3G/3GS Liquid/Physical Damage Service Plan
Varies from $30 to $50 depending on the Rogers Dealer
- One (1) replacement per year when the iPhone 3G/3GS has been liquid damaged or physically damaged
Personally, I am not a fan of warranties. I have never purchased one for electronics and never will. I am very careful with my tech, so warranties are useless to me.
But do you buy warranties for your tech? Will you buy this one for your iPhone 3G/3GS?