Effective JulyÂ 28 2010, Rogers has extended their activation fee waiver promotion and are continuing to waive the $35 activation fee that customers are usually charged when starting up a new account.
There is also an odd part to this promotion. The promotion is not being extended to Voice & Data plans, which is typically what the iPhone takes (Rogers gouging the customer again?).
Eligibility & Restrictions
The offer is applicable to new 3-year term activations on the following rate plans:
- Unlimited Plans (All â€œchoice of featureâ€ plans: Unlimited Network Calling, MY5, Double Your Minutes, Messages, Unlimited Social Networking)
- BusinessÂ Voice card plans ($45 plus)
- Select Business plans (Canadian One Rate, North America One Rate)
- Employee Purchase Plans (EPP)
- Student Plans
This offer is not available on:
- Consumer Voice & Data bundle plans (Couples & Family Voice & Data, iPhone Voice & Data, Business Voice & Data)
- Mobile Broadband Data plans
- Embedded Laptop plans
- Corporate plans
- Business Pricing Renewal (BPR) price plans
A $35 bill credit for 100% of the activation fee will appear on the customer’s first invoice.