So Rogers had a slight delay with the release of this app, but the Rogers Navigator is finally available!
The Rogers Navigator is an iPhone application that turns your iPhone 3G/3GS into a GPS navigation device. The app is powered by TeleNav and further features voice-guided turn-by-turn directions on the road, and re-routes users automatically if a wrong turn is made.
The app also features the following:
– Easy to use interface
– Clear voice-guided turn-by-turn directions let you keep your eyes on the road
– Real-time traffic updates with one-click rerouting to avoid congestion
– 2D or 3D color maps, available in landscape and portrait modes
– Lane Assist to help you find the correct lane while driving
– Search for nearby businesses, ATMs, or WiFi hotspots
– Speed trap and traffic camera alerts to keep you out of trouble
– Integrated with iPhone address book
– Connect with your Bluetooth to hear directions more easily
– Pre-plan trips online from your computer at http://rogers.telenav.com
– Shake-to-Goâ„¢: navigate home simply by shaking your iPhone
– Control iPod while navigating
– Automatic map and business listing updates
– Day & night modes
The app is a free download from the App Store but the app is a subscription service. Rogers indicates that a subscription charge will appear on a user’s Rogers Wireless bill and to use the navigation application, users need to sign up to the monthly subscription option.
The monthly subscription option is a $4.99 charge each month for the voice-guided turn by turn GPS navigation application. The sign-up is done during the initial app setup and Rogers states that users can cancel at anytime from within the app by going to Tools and Extras and select “Manage My subscription”.