At the beginning of June 2009, we talked about the release of a 15GB data plan for $150/month (ouch) from Rogers. Originally the data plan was to be released on June 16, 2009 but a day before the 16th, on June 15, Rogers delayed the release of the data plan until further notice.
Well, the 15GB $150 data plan (ouch again) is finally available from Rogers/Fido. But honestly, what kind of crazy internetz dweller is going to buy into this?!Â Details below.
Data Plan for Heavy Users (Effective September 9, 2009)
- Price: $150 per month
- Data included per month: 15GB
- Time frame: Begins September 9, 2009
- Overages: 1 cent per additional MB
- Contract Term: Available on monthly or 1/2/3 year contract terms
- Device support: All iPhones, Blackberries, HTC Devices, Smartphones and Mobile Internet Sticks
- Data Protection Cap: $500 + monthly service fee ($150)
At this time however, the 15GB data plan is only available as a stand-alone option that can be added to your voice plan. Whether or not this data plan will be integrated into a Value Pack (so to include voicemail, callerID, etc) is yet to be seen, which would really make the $150 a lot easier to accept, though maybe not.
Also, as iPhoneinCanada reader “GC” points out, this data plan works out to $10 per GB. When compared to the $30 6GB data plan, which works out to $5 per GB, this $150 plan is clearly not so good.