Telus-owned Public Mobile has launched new long distance add-ons, separating Canada and U.S. minutes, while debuting a higher minimum spend for International locations, which have expanded.
“We heard you about wanting more countries and we have some exciting news to announce today! Effective October 8, 2020, Public Mobile is launching a new add-on suite of Long Distance Minutes to better serve customers making calls internationally from Canada,” explains the prepaid wireless company.
Previously, Public Mobile long distance add-ons consisted of two options:
- 200 Minutes to the U.S. and Canada for $8
- 400 International Minutes for $15
Starting today, October 8, 2020, there are now more options for international minutes, with the reach of countries increasing from 19 to 41:
- 500 Canada-wide Minutes for $5
- 1000 Minutes to the U.S. for $15
- 1000 Minutes to the U.K. for $15
- 750 Minutes to India and Pakistan for $15
- 500 Minutes to China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan for $15
- 100 Minutes to the Philippines for $15;
- 300 International Minutes for $15 (Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela)
New countries added for long distance include: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Romania and Sweden.
Unused minutes from add-ons do not expire and carry over to your next billing period.