Telus has announced their Easy Roam coverage has expanded to Cuba, which makes them the “only Canadian carrier to currently offer affordable roaming rates and roaming experience to customers” travelling to the country (Cuba’s operator dropped Rogers from the country last year after Roam Like Home overwhelmed networks).
Easy Roam costs $10 per day for International destinations, allowing customers to use the data, minutes and messaging from their existing plans. Easy Roam charges max out at $150 per month for International, while U.S. Easy Roam is capped at $100 per month.
To activate Easy Roam, TELUS customers just need to text ROAM to 7626.
– Daily fee only applies if a call is made or answered, a text is sent or data is used
– Only calls to numbers in Canada or the current destination are included
– Outgoing texts to any phone number in the world are included
– All incoming texts are free while in an Easy Roam destination
– Customers will only be charged for days that they access their Canadian plan in their destination
– There’s no need to remove Easy Roam from the account upon return
Telus also told iPhone in Canada Easy Roam has also expanded today to the Philippines, Pakistan, Lesotho, Gibraltar, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Fiji, Bangladesh, Ghana, Faroe Islands, Georgia, United Arab Emirates and Suriname.