Telus Optik TV now shows ‘Goodnight With Dolly’ a new series of books read by American singer and humanitarian, Dolly Parton.
Part of the Imagination Library series of bedtime stories, the following featured books will be read by Parton:
- “There’s a Hole in the Log on the Bottom of the Lake” by Loren Long
- “Llama Llama Red Pajama” by Anna Dewdney
- “I Am a Rainbow” by Dolly Parton
- “Pass It On” by Sophy Henn
- “Stand Tall Molly Lou Mellon” by Patty Lovell
- “Violet the Pilot” by Steve Breen
- “Max & The Tag-Along Moon” by Floyd Cooper
- “Last Stop on Market Street” by Matt de la Peña
- “Coat of Many Colors” by Dolly Parton
- “The Little Engine That Could” by Watty Piper.
The first five episodes are now available on Optik TV, with remaining episodes coming weekly for the next five weeks.
“We are thrilled to showcase legendary singer, songwriter and amazing humanitarian Dolly Parton and her uplifting video series to Canadians, particularly during a time when we need her inspiration the most,” said Darren Entwistle, President and CEO, TELUS, in a statement.
Entwistle says the first five episodes “have already received millions of views and terrific feedback online.”
“This is something I have been wanting to do for quite a while, but the timing never felt quite right. I think it is pretty clear that now is the time to share a story and to share some love,” said Parton.
During COVID-19, Telus Optik TV has over 70 free channel previews available, including educational channels such as Family, Family Jr, BBC Earth, and National Geographic.