The Sensordrone is a multi sensor tool for your smartphone or tablet and initially started out as a project on Kickstarter, which asked for $25,000–only to end up with 1,025 backers and $170,017 total funding.
What makes the Sensordrone so unique is its compatibility with various iOS and Android apps, making it a popular multifunctional sensor. It will require iOS 6.1 or newer to work properly.
Here are all the sensors included within the Sensordrone, which is small enough to fit on your keychain:
- Precision Gas Sensor – Test air quality, carbon monoxide levels, and blood alcohol content
- Reducing Gas Sensor – Sense methane, propane, and natural gas leaks
- Oxidizing Gas Sensor – Ozone sensing and chlorine leaks
- Non-Contact Thermometer – Check food temperature, engine diagnostics, and whatever else you point it at
- Humidity Sensor – Check heat index, but also great for finding optimum food storage conditions, even preventing mold from growing in your home
- Temperature Sensor – Measure ambient temperature
- Light Sensor – For checking light intensity, sunlight monitoring, or even late night refrigerator use
- Color Sensors – Use as a color meter, color matcher/analyzer, even pattern recognition
- Pressure Sensor – Works as a barometer or altimeter, and you can connect to a pressure cuff to act as a blood pressure monitor
- Proximity Sensor – Use it as a stud finder or liquid level monitor
- Expansion Connector – Digital (TTL UART & i2C) and analog (0-3V) interface for connecting other sensors like EKGs, Thermal Printers, and more
Check out the video below for a full overview of the Sensordrone:
The Sensordrone is currently 25% off in our Deals Store, on sale for $149 ($50 off). If you were considering this project during its Kickstarter days, this offer is cheaper plus shipping to Canada comes in at about $11.55 to our area via USPS.
Click here to jump on the Sensordrone while it’s still available!