If you’ve jailbroken your iPhone and for one reason or another are wishing you had a Blackberry-style keyboard, you are in luck!
An upcoming tweak will bring a Blackberry 10 styled keyboard to your iPhone. The tweak is called “Octopus Keyboard” and will feature the similar gesture-based predictive typing found on RIM’s latest OS.
Take a look at the video for a walkthrough:
The tweak is still early in development but the current features are:
– Automatically learns new words as you type them
– Custom completion engine
– Should work for any input language with key input (English, French, Czech, Russian, etc.)
As the tweak develops, some future features are:
– Avoid learning mistakes
– Autocapitalize words in sentences
– Handle , . ! etc at the end of a sentence
– Better handling and display of longer words
– Compatibility with popular tweaks like SwipeSelection
So if you want a Blackberry-style keyboard for your iPhone, check out this tweak on May 20 in Cydia. Note that it is unknown at this time whether the tweak will be free or not.