For those who’ve been following @pod2g’s blog and twitter streams must know that his team has made substantial progress regarding iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak and are getting pretty close to a final release. Today, Dev-Team’s @MuscleNerd has also shed some light on the highly anticipated jailbreak further suggesting that an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 may be released by the end of this week.
He tweeted a link to a quick info sheet which clarifies a lot of things. Here it is:
* All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
* @pod2g’s 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking. – the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1 – @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
* The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
* Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI “cinject” binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions. – timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
* For those wishing to donate, we’ve set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4U6DQGJ2NRVUN
* Please don’t pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
Just now, @pod2g has also written a blog post quoting the same info sheet as above.