iMovie for macOS High Sierra has been updated, reaching version 10.1.9. This update finally adds App Preview creation support for iPhone X, which debuted five months ago, while also additional support for more iPad resolutions. App Preview videos are the ones you see in the App Store from developers within their app descriptions.
The update also fixes a variety of bugs listed below:
• Resolves an issue which could prevent logging into Facebook
• Resolves an issue in which HEVC video clips and HEIF photos could appear black in the viewer
• Resolves an issue in which the import date was used as the capture date when importing from certain SD cards or AVCHD cameras
• Resolves a playback issue with Sound Designer 2 files
• Resolves an issue in which iMovie could hang when quitting the app
• Resolves an issue in which opacity controls may disappear when using iMovie in German or Polish
• Fixes an issue that could prevent sending certain iMovie projects to Final Cut Pro
• Addresses an issue that could lead to slower media import from SD cards on iMac Pro
• Improves stability when working with Camtwist Studio
Click here to download iMovie for macOS in the App Store.
Update: Article updated to reflect update for macOS High Sierra only.