Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac Launches: Supports OS X Yosemite, Brings Speed Improvements
Parallels has announced the launch of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac along with a Mac Enterprise Edition, which supports Apple’s OS X Yosemite, plus brings speed improvements and better battery life.
On August 20, existing users can upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac ($49.99 USD), while new customers can purchase their copies on August 26, available worldwide, for $79.99 USD.
“Millions of Parallels Desktop for Mac customers have come to expect ingenuity, ease-of-use and speed from Parallels and they will not be disappointed with Parallels Desktop 10,” said Parallels President Jack Zubarev. “With Parallels Desktop 10 customers can enjoy new levels of productivity without having to worry about whether the app they need is available on a specific operating system — Parallels creates a world of compatibility at home, work and on the road.”
Here are the performance and optimization improvements:
- Users can now open Windows documents up to 48 percent faster
- Battery life is extended by up to 30 percent giving people additional work time when they need it most
- Virtual machines use up to 10 percent less Mac memory
- New virtual machines with default settings launch Office 2013 applications up to 50 percent faster
- Virtual machine only takes as much disk space on the Mac hard drive as it needs. Real-time optimization automatically compacts virtual disk eliminating the need for periodic manual compacts.
- Free Disk Space Wizard allows to review and clean up space used by Parallels Desktop and Virtual Machines
Check out the promo video below:
Are you going to be upgrading to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac?