A new report has surfaced which gives us a deeper look at some of the specs on the unannounced new wave of iPhones. While Apple’s September Event is still months away, analysts and those in the know have been offering their knowledge on what may be revealed.
So far, an overwhelming amount of reports point to Apple readying four new models for 2020. The new line of phones will include a 5.4-inch model, two 6.1-inch models, and one 6.7-inch model. In addition, MacRumors says a report from Japanese blog site Mac Otakara validates the latest rumours and provides a deeper look at some of the potential specs.
Based on the Mac Otakara report, which claims the information was sourced from an Apple supply chain in China, the following may be coming for the next iPhones this year:
- The 6.7-inch model will be nearly 10% thinner than the iPhone 11 Pro Max at 8.1mm, the approximate thickness may be around 7.4mm
- All four of the new iPhone models will have OLED displays and Face ID
- The height of the 5.4-inch model may be between the iPhone SE and the iPhone 8
- The height of one of the 6.1-inch iPhone models may be between the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- The 6.7-inch model may be slightly taller than the iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Both the 5.4-inch and lower-end 6.1-inch models will have dual-lens rear camera arrays identical to the iPhone 11
- The 6.7-inch model may have a triple-lens rear camera with larger sensors than the iPhone 11 Pro Max
- 5.4 inch, 6.7-inch, and at least one 6.1-inch model may end up having a different number of microphone holes running along the bottom of the device
Finally, the translated Mac Otakara report also claims that Apple will indeed reveal the new models this coming September.