All-New Amazon Fire TV Update Rolling Out in Canada in Coming Weeks [PICS]
Amazon is set to roll out a software update in the coming weeks for its Fire TV Stick (3rd gen) and Fire TV Stick Lite, in what the company is calling the “biggest experience update ever” for these streaming media sticks, in an email to iPhone in Canada.
The new features will include some of the following highlights:
- Reimagined Design & Navigation: Main Menu now in the centre of the screen, with new tabs Home, Find, Live, Library, Profiles and more. Clicking up discovers popular content, while clicking down to see expanded rows of shows and movies.
- Redesigned “Home” Screen: new look and feel with better content recommendations from your subscription streaming services, and will improve over time.
- Improved Content Discovery: The “Find” tab lets you filter by Movies or TV Shows, or search recommended categories like Sports; new App Peeks feature lets you quickly browse your favourite apps
- User Profiles: finally available for up to six members of a household. For those with Alexa Voice Profiles set up, you can say “Alexa, switch to my profile,” to easily switch to yours.
In our recent tests with the Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Stick Lite, they come ready for instant plug and play. While the initial software update could be a shorter process, overall these function exactly as described.
Fire TV Sticks are the easiest way to turn an old TV into a smart TV, with access to Apple TV+, Disney+, Prime Video and more. Buying links below:
- Fire TV Stick Lite (no TV controls) – $49.99
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote (includes TV controls) – $59.99