Amazon has announced it has launched Amazon Music Unlimited in Canada, which “unlocks millions more songs to customers,” including those from today’s top artists, as well as thousands of playlists and stations, plus localized programming curated by the company’s music experts.
“We’ve seen such a positive customer response from the launch of Prime Music for Canada last year, and with today’s launch we’re excited to bring more customers even more choice and ways of discovering music with Alexa,” stated Sean McMullan, Head of International Expansion for Amazon Music, in an issued statement to iPhone in Canada. “We’re thrilled for our Canadian customers to start streaming with Unlimited today, and begin enjoying expanded voice controls to play music for every moment.”
Prime Music launched in Canada less than a year ago and offers Prime members ad-free music, from a library of over one million songs. But Amazon Music Unlimited offers users hands-free listening with Alexa, unlimited access to any song and offline listening with unlimited skips, from a much larger music library, similar to what you will find from Apple Music and Spotify.
With Amazon Music Unlimited, Canadian artists from all genres will be available, including Cœur de pirate, Celine Dion, The Weeknd, Blue Rodeo and Jessie Reyez, to name a few.
- Interested in a playlist for a specific activity? Try, “Alexa, play music for working out” or “Alexa, play music for cleaning”
- Prefer a certain song or genre to wake you up in the morning? Try, “Alexa, set an alarm at 6 a.m. to the new song by Alessia Cara” or “Alexa, wake me up with relaxing music at 7 a.m.”
- Hear a song you love and want to save it? Just ask, “Alexa, add this song to my running playlist” or “Alexa, create a new playlist with this song”
- Want to listen to music you haven’t heard in a while? Ask, “Alexa, play the Metric playlist I was listening to three weeks ago” or “Alexa, play music I was listening to earlier today”
Pricing for Amazon Music Unlimited starts at the following, which includes a free 90-day trial for eligible customers for a limited time:
- Prime members: $7.99/month or $79/year
- Non-Prime Individual plan: $9.99/month
- Family plan (up to six users) for Prime/Non-Prime: $14.99/month
- Family plan annual for Prime members: $149/year
- Single Device Plan: $3.99/month on one Echo device