As rumoured, Amazon Prime Day 2018 is set to launch on July 16th worldwide, and in Canada as well, as confirmed by the online retailer tonight in a press release.
According to the company, Prime Day 2018 will feature 50% more Spotlight Deals and over “one million deals globally.”
For Canadians, Amazon says Prime members will find “thousands of deals from top brands”, while announcing more customers have joined Prime in the past 12 months in Canada, than in any previous year.
Sales will kick off on July 16th at 12PM PDT/3PM EDT and run through July 17th, this time with sales lasting 36 hours, up from 30 in 2017.
Amazon Prime Day will be available in Canada, the U.S., U.K., Spain, Mexico, Japan, India, Italy, Germany, France, China, Belgium, and Austria, with new additions Australia, Singapore, Netherlands and Luxembourg for 2018.
As for items set to go on sale, here’s a teaser of what’s to come:
- up to 25% off AmazonBasics and Pinzon
- double the deals on Amazon devices—and the biggest deals yet on home security, smart home and Alexa-enabled products
- save 30% when customers spend $35 or more on Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value products on Amazon.ca
- Whole Foods: members in Canada will receive $10 off all in-store purchases over $50 from Wednesday, July 11 to Tuesday, July 17
- Save up to 50% on popular movies and TV shows on DVD and Blu-Ray
- Get a $10 Amazon.ca credit for your first stream on Prime Video between Monday, July 9 and Prime Day
- Twitch Prime gives away a free PC game every day through July 18
- Members will also receive exclusive in-game loot for Warframe and PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS
- Eligible Prime members can get three months of unlimited reading for $0.99 with a Kindle Unlimited membership
Amazon says the best way to shop Prime Day 2018 is to use the ‘Watch A Deal’ feature to track limited time Lightning Deal, while also utilizing the Amazon app. If you install the Amazon app for the first time starting today through Prime Day, Amazon will gift you $5 credit.
According to Amazon, in 2017, over 40 million items were ordered worldwide on Prime Day.
Stay tuned to iPhone in Canada as we’ll keep you up to date on all the Prime Day 2018 sales in Canada, like last year.