App Updates: Dropbox, FaceBook
There have been a couple new updates for some of my favourite apps: Dropbox and Facebook. Dropbox 1.3 has introduced a new interface and Facebook 3.2.3 has a whole bunch of bug fixes. Less app crashes means more quality time for you to creep on your friends!
If you haven’t signed up for Dropbox yet, click here to sign up and we’ll both earn a bonus 250mb of storage space!
Check out what’s new below:
- UI re-design with numerous visual enhancements including retina display support
- File caching (no need to re-download files youâ€™ve already viewed!)
- Fullscreen landscape file viewing on iPad
- Finish uploads and downloads while in the background
- Create folders
- Bug fix for viewing CSV and some broken HTML files
- Improved, more streamlined login experience for developers using the Facebook SDK
- Fixed a crash when receiving push notifications
- Fixed a crash when navigating in Messages
- Fixed inconsistent notification counts in notification bar and application badge
- Fixed a problem where people would appear twice in Here Now on a Place view
- Fixed a problem that could cause the toolbar to not be shown on a Place view
Note: Facebook Places is only available in a limited number of countries. Weâ€™re working on making this available in other countries soon.
I’m still waiting for Facebook Places to be released in Canada. Once that happens, I can pretty much kiss Foursquare good bye.
As for Dropbox, file-caching is an awesome feature. That was one of my pet peeves waiting for files to re-download. The option to set the cache size is a nice move. Well done, Dropbox.