Apple announced on Thursday its Apple Fitness+ subscription service will release new Time to Walk episodes on June 28, 2021.
Time to Walk offers an audio experience on Apple Watch with AirPods or Bluetooth headphones paired to the wearable, with prominent personalities and celebrities sharing talks, while you walk. As they talk, related images will display on your Apple Watch, while accompanying music as well at the end.
Apple says Fitness+ will also debut a new Artist Spotlight series on June 28, with workouts featuring full playlists by music artists such as Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, and Lady Gaga, plus fitness expert Jeanette Jenkins.
“With Fitness+, we’re bringing users a range of exciting new workout options to inspire them to stay active and make fitness a consistent part of their lifestyle — whether that’s going for a walk with one of the amazing Time to Walk guests or pushing through a high-energy HIIT class with Jeanette Jenkins,” said Jay Blahnik, Apple’s senior director of Fitness Technologies, in a statement.
“Music is at the heart of making workouts fun and keeping us motivated. A good playlist pushes you. That’s why our new Artist Spotlight series, where the entire playlist for a workout is fueled by a single legendary artist, will be so inviting for users to mix up their fitness routines,” added Blahnik.
New Time to Walk episodes coming June 28 include:
- Gina Rodriguez, from the acclaimed television series “Jane the Virgin.”
- Anthony Joshua, British Olympic gold medalist for boxing and two-time Heavyweight Champion of the World.
- Cynthia Erivo, Grammy, Emmy, and Tony Award-winning actress, singer, songwriter, and producer, as well as Academy Award, Golden Globe, and SAG nominee.
- Joan Benoit Samuelson, gold medalist in the first-ever women’s Olympic marathon and winner of multiple international marathons, including Boston and Chicago.
- Marsai Martin, award-winning actress from the hit show “Black-ish” and the youngest working executive producer in Hollywood at age 14 for her feature film “Little.”
- Michaela Jaé “MJ” Rodriguez, actress and singer known for her role in the award-winning drama “Pose.”
- Naomi Campbell, supermodel, activist, and businesswoman.
- Randall Park, actor, writer, and producer appearing in both the Marvel and DC universes, and in the TV series “Fresh Off the Boat.”
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a practicing neurosurgeon and CNN’s chief medical correspondent.
- Stephen Fry, actor, writer, and presenter.
If you haven’t tried Time to Walk on Apple Fitness+, it’s worth giving it a try. It does make your walk zoom by much faster than normal.
Apple Fitness+ costs $12.99 CAD per month or $99.99 CAD per year, and can be shared with up to six family members. There’s a one-month free trial, plus Apple Watch purchases get 3 months free. The service is also part of select Apple One subscription bundles.