A new job listing published by Apple yesterday reveals that the Cupertino, California-based tech giant is looking to bring on a clinical producer to shape the development of its health products (via MyHealthyApple).
Up until now, Apple has focused on building health and wellness features into its existing product lineup and contributing to the health space with research, but the company is clearly gearing up to get into the dedicated health products business.
According to Apple’s newest job listing for its health products division, the hired individual will guide the overall development of the company’s health products, collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive concepts from mere ideas to a market-ready products.
Apple is seeking an individual with at least 5 years of experience in the healthcare space, preferably with regulated medical products and/or digital health products, and demonstrable expertise in building feature concepts and taking a concept from development to launch.
The job listing outlines the following responsibilities for the clinical producer:
- Identify clinical opportunities and innovative solutions in the health and wellness space.
- Partner with clinicians to define clinical requirements, utility, and use cases.
- Distill clinical expertise into requirements and principles to advise product development.
- Support clinicians with crafting clinical validation studies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build high-level features and product concepts.
- Work with engineering teams on feasibility assessment studies to evaluate product concepts and technology capabilities.
- Support design and human factors teams with assessing product usability, safety, and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with regulatory and quality partners on product submissions to domestic and international regulators.
- Communicate and manage relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate executive reviews for product concept and development milestones.