Apple Seeds New Mac OS X 10.6.4 Build 10F46
Today Apple seeded the second build of OS X 10.6.4, build 10F46. The current build comes just over one week since the last OS X build, 10F37.
According to reports, the current build focuses on Graphics Drivers, SMB, VPN, USB, and VoiceOver.
The build further includes the following updates and enhancements:
- Resolves issues with copying, renaming, or deleting files on an SMB mounted volume
- Resolves pairing issues with Apple remotes
- Resolves issues with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS3
- Resolves issues playing in Good Quality mode of DVD Player
- Addresses compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
- Resolves 3D animation, drop frame, or frame lock issues
- Addresses drawing issues when editing iPhoto in full screen mode
- Resolves erratic trackpad or keyboard issues with USB
- Addressees a Parental Controls issue where users are locked out at designated times by the admin user
- Improvements to the reliability of speech and braille in the VoiceOver Utility
There was also one Known Issue identified as:
- An incompatible software error message regarding the HelveticaNeue.dfont
At the end of March 2010, Apple officially released the public version of Mac OS X 10.6.3. At the time, 10.6.3 marked the third main revision to the Mac operating system, Snow Leopard.
It is unknown at this time how long the current build period will last, but if the last period is any indication, the 10.6.4 period could take us into the early summer of 2010.
Mac OS X 10.6.4 will mark the fourth main revision to the latest Apple operating system, Snow Leopard.