As noted by the folks over at 9to5Mac, Apple has updated a support document for the upcoming Apple TV+ video streaming service on its website, revealing that all Apple TV+ content will be available in 4K HDR / Dolby Vision with most content also supporting Dolby Atmos sound.
“You can watch Apple originals in 4K HDR / Dolby Vision and most titles also offer Dolby Atmos sound,” states the document. However, it also says that the formats will be supported on compatible devices only.
Below is a list of compatible devices that will support Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos content on Apple TV+.
Devices that support 4K HDR Dolby Vision
- iPhone 8 and later
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro (11-inch)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- Apple TV 4K
- 4K, 4K HDR, 4K Dolby Vision, and HDR10 content is available on all Mac models introduced in 2018 or later with 4K-resolution screens.
- iMac Pro
- Compatible smart TVs – Can play 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision content that you AirPlay from your Apple device and can play movies and TV shows in 4K or HDR from the Apple TV app.
Devices that support Dolby Atmos Sound
- All Mac models introduced in 2018 or later
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- 11-inch iPad Pro and 12.9?inch iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- Apple TV