A new Tom Hanks movie will premiere on Apple TV+, as ‘Finch’ will stream on Friday, November 5, 2021, announced Apple on Thursday.
‘Finch’ will star Hanks, alongside Caleb Landry Jones, in a movie from filmmaker Miguel Sapochnik. Original screenplay is by Craig Luck and Ivor Powell. The film is produced by Kevin Misher, Jack Rapke, Jacqueline Levine and Powell.
Here is the movie’s synopsis:
In “Finch,” a man, a robot and a dog form an unlikely family in a powerful and moving adventure of one man’s quest to ensure that his beloved canine companion will be cared for after he’s gone. Hanks stars as Finch, a robotics engineer and one of the few survivors of a cataclysmic solar event that has left the world a wasteland. But Finch, who has been living in an underground bunker for a decade, has built a world of his own that he shares with his dog, Goodyear. He creates a robot, played by Jones, to watch over Goodyear when he no longer can. As the trio embarks on a perilous journey into a desolate American West, Finch strives to show his creation, who names himself Jeff, the joy and wonder of what it means to be alive. Their road trip is paved with both challenges and humor, as it’s as difficult for Finch to goad Jeff and Goodyear to get along as it is for him to manage the dangers of the new world.
This is the second film from Hanks that is set to debut on Apple TV+, after the previous success of ‘Greyhound’.
Other Upcoming Apple Original Films:
- “CODA” (first film to win all top prizes at Sundance Film Festival)
- “Emancipation” – starring and produced by Will Smith
- “Killers of the Flower Moon” – Martin Scorsese film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro
- “Swan Song” – starring Mahershala Ali and Naomie Harris
- “The Tragedy of Macbeth” – starring Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand
- “Sharper” – starring and produced by Academy Award winner Julianne Moore;
- “The Sky is Everywhere” – directed by Josephine Decker and starring Grace Kaufman, Cherry Jones and Jason Segel
Click here to sign up for Apple TV+ for $5.99 per month and free 7-day trial.