The first reviews hit the Web earlier this morning as Apple makes preparations to accept pre-orders for the Apple Watch. If you are ordering one, you’ll be standing in line online, but don’t expect all models to be available for an April 24 delivery, when the Watch will hit the shelves, as German blog Macerkopf has pointed out.
Those who have already favourited an Apple Watch model may have the chance to see its shipping date as they visit the Apple online store. If you haven’t done so already, however, and try to favourite one only now, you may not be seeing the shipping date. This is what happened to me with the Canadian online store. MacRumors, on the other hand, was able to replicate Macerkopf’s findings by visiting the UK online store.
But how does the shipping estimate look? As it turns out, Apple is betting on the Sports model and the Stainless Steel model with the Milanese Loop, alongside the Black Classic Buckle, at launch.
Below, you can find the shipping estimates, as noticed by Macerkopf:
• Aluminum Case with Sport Band: Delivers 4/24 – 5/8
• Stainless Steel Case with Sport Band: Delivers 4/24 – 5/8
• Stainless Steel Case with Milanese Loop: Delivers 4/24 – 5/8
• Stainless Steel Case with Black Classic Buckle: Delivers 4/24 – 5/8
• Stainless Steel Case with Modern Buckle: Dispatched 4-6 weeks
• Stainless Steel Case with Leather Loop: Dispatched 4 – 6 weeks
• Stainless Steel Case with Link Bracelet: Dispatched 4 – 6 weeks
• All Edition Models Dispatching in May (via MacRumors)
As you can see, the Apple Watch Edition models will be available sometime in May. The US and Canadian stores don’t display shipping dates, but you’ll likely see them when you pre-order the favourited device in just one day and 12 hours.