We’re just around the corner from yet another fall product launch from cycle, headlined by the iPhone of course. Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman is the best in the business for accurately sharing details of Apple’s product launches. His latest Power On weekly newsletter released Sunday now shares more details about Apple’s fall product offerings.
Check out our brief summary of what Gurman had to say below…
- Better camera features, upgraded A15 chip (same cores as A14), same design; a typical “S” upgrade
- iPhone 13: same 5.4-inch and 6.1-inch sizes with smaller notches
- iPhone 13 Pro: 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch sizes again; smaller notches; video version of Portrait mode called ‘Cinematic Video’, higher-quality video in ProRes; 120Hz refresh rate
- Apple Watch Series 7: slight redesign with flatter displays, new screen tech and faster CPU
- New features: Time to Run; Audio Meditations
- New entry-level AirPods 3, with in-ear design and smaller stems, like AirPods Pro; biggest upgrade for regular AirPods yet since 2016
- iPad mini: new design overhaul with thinner bezels
- iPad: slimmer design and new CPU, for students
- MacBook Pro: new 14-inch and 16-inch versions with M1X chips, possibly available in November
- AppleCare+ for Mac: new annual subscription option
Gurman clarified these products are coming “this fall” from multiple launches, and not just one launch:
To be clear: I wrote this fall. Those are all coming across multiple launches, not at one.
— Mark Gurman (@markgurman) August 15, 2021
What are you looking forward to from Apple this fall? The company recently launched financing for iPhone, iPad and Mac products in Canada, just ahead of new product launches this fall.