Apple’s Free iOS App of the Week: Stackables
Stackables by Samer Azzam is Apple’s free app of the week. The app normally retails for $3.49 and is free for this week only.
Stackables is the most advanced and comprehensive effects layering and blending app. It’s packed with over 200 effects expertly crafted by renowned photographer Dirk Wuestenhagen. These include tasteful textures, light leaks, emulsion, grit and grain, analog film filters, vintage gradients, elaborate geometric patterns, and much more.
Stackables’ layers-based architecture and nondestructive workflow encourage experimentation and foster creativity. Add layers to your heart’s content and see impressive results with every new layer. Have peace of mind in knowing that all edits are completely modifiable and reversible regardless of when you’ve done them in your editing process.
Here is a list of the app’s features:
– 200+ unique effects (many with multiple variations).
– 20+ professional adjustment tools.
– 60+ gradient and geometric masks.
– Unlimited layers. Modify, rotate, rearrange, hide, and delete layers.
– 18 blend modes with live preview.
– 30 preset formulas, dozens of user-created formulas, and the ability to save your own edits as formulas and share them via email.
– Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and email sharing options. Also supports iOS’s “Open in Other Apps” protocol.
– Supports JPEG, lossless PNG, and losslessTIFF formats.
– Supports all image aspect ratios.
– URL Scheme “stackables://”.
Stackables – Layered Textures, Effects, and Masks is available as a free download (normally $3.49) from the App Store. The app requires any iOS device running iOS 7.0 or later, and it has been optimized for the iPhone 5, 6, and 6 Plus. The app has in-app purchases that range between $1.49 and $4.99.