In an effort to bring live music experience to Apple stores around the world, Apple has today announced ‘Up Next Live’, a series of musical performances to be hosted in Apple retail stores featuring a variety of up-and-coming musicians, including Bad Bunny, Daniel Caesar, Khalid, Ashley McBryde, King Princess, Lewis Capaldi, and Jessie Reyez.
Apple says that each artist will perform for fans in one city, for one night only, for a total of seven shows. All of the artists chosen are a part of Apple Music’s “Up Next” program, which highlights rising artists in the music industry.
All shows will be hosted after hours in local Apple stores in Milan, San Francisco, Brooklyn, Paris, London, Chicago and Washington, D.C. Performances kick off July 9 with global sensation Bad Bunny at Apple Piazza Liberty in Milan.
“The impact [of being part of Up Next] can be seen in everything, in numbers, in plays, in shows,” said Bad Bunny. “There are a lot of fans that, when I go out in the street in the US, people who do not speak Spanish, I think they will not know me and they stop me, they ask me for pictures and they sing my songs. It helped me very much to make myself known in a market different from mine, not only the USA, but in places where Spanish is not spoken or where perhaps Latin music does not dominate, exposing my music and giving people the opportunity to get to know what I do.”
Below is the complete schedule for Apple’s Up Next Live concerts:
- July 9 — Bad Bunny at Apple Piazza Liberty, Milan
- July 19 — Jessie Reyez at Apple Union Square, San Francisco
- July 25 — King Princess at Apple Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- July 31 — Lewis Capaldi at Apple Champs-Élysées, Paris
- August 9 — Daniel Caesar at Apple Covent Garden, London
- August 16 — Ashley McBryde at Apple Michigan Avenue, Chicago
- August 23 — Khalid at Apple Carnegie Library, Washington, D.C.