Bird Canada’s s.h.a.r.e. Safe Streets tour aimed at making responsible riding simple and achievable by providing attendees with attainable and actionable tips, is coming to Canada on Thursday, August 8th at 2pm MDT at the Simmons Building in Calgary’s East Village.
According to the press release, the event will provide riders and members of the community with “micro-mobility vehicle basics,” including information on how to properly, responsibly, and safely ride and mindfully park e-scooters, general scooting best practices, and rules for respecting pedestrians, businesses, and traffic.
Through its s.h.a.r.e. Safe Street event, Bird aims to help promote responsible riding with the following five essential tips:
- Safe riding. Navigate traffic with care.
- Heightened awareness. Anticipate what others might do.
- Always alert. Save the selfies and music for after the ride.
- Respect for pedestrians. Yield and keep walkways accessible.
- Every voice matters. Get involved to help your city reshape its streets.
The event is recommended for those interested in riding e-scooters or looking for greater insights on the Bird service and its fleet of e-scooters. Attendees will be able to ride one of 25 Birds that will be onsite at the event.
Moreover, Bird will be giving out free helmets at the event while also providing attendees with a promo code that gives them one free ride for up to CDN $7 in value.
More information is available at this link.