biteSMS 8.0 Beta 7 Released, Brings iPhone 5S Compatibility
Over the past 6 months the team at biteSMS has been working on the latest version of their app, version 8.0. The 8.0 release of the app intents to make it iOS 7 compatible, with all of the standard iOS 7 features plus all the existing features of biteSMS.
The beta is available from the following Cydia repo: http://test-cydia.bitesms.com. Tom (@Tommyguzman) provides online support for the beta via Skype at bitesms.support.
Today, the team released beta 7 of version 8.0 which brings iPhone 5S compatibility, bug fixes, and some UI improvements. Here is a list of beta releases in reverse chronological order:
Beta 7 (Released January 8):
– Compatible with iPhone 5S devices.
– Bug fixes and some user interface improvements.
Beta 6 (Released January 7):
– Whole bunch of user interface improvements and bug fixes.
Beta 5 (Released January 2):
– Fixed license issues for older users. BUT ANYONE WHO PURCHASED SINCE 28 December MUST DO biteSMS > Settings > Restore as their license will be invalidated. Apologies but we were using a non static deviceID.
– Bunch of big fixes.
Beta 4 (Released December 31):
– Moved settings icon to search bar.
– New graphics thanks to @Tommyguzman
– Bunch of bug fixes.
Beta 3 (Released December 29):
– Bunch of bug fixes including group quick reply and lock screen dim issues
– Tip: flick Quick Reply up to open keyboard, flick right to close.
Beta 2 (Released December 28):
– First release for ONLY iOS 7 devices except iPhone 5S (ARM 64 device)
According to the team the app beta is about 70 percent complete. If you have tried out the biteSMS beta let us know in the comments below what you think.