Candy Crush iOS App Estimated to Generate $633K Per Day
Candy Crush Saga for iOS, a game that is nothing more than a Bejeweled knockoff, is currently estimated to generate over $633,000 in revenue per day or $230 million a year (via Slate). Ranked as the #1 grossing App Store app by ThinkGaming, about 45 million people play the game on Facebook each month, making it the most popular game on the social website.
While the game is completely free to play, some in-game items such as extra moves or lives require payment. Users get five lives in a quest to crush candy, and if they use them all up before clearing a level, they’re locked out of the game for 30 minutes before they can try again. Those who cannot wait, can cough up $0.99 and carry on playing. Similarly, another $0.99 can get you five more moves in a level, and so on.
Here’s how it’s described on iTunes:
Switch and match your way through more than 300 levels in this delicious and addictive puzzle adventure. Ain’t it the sweetest game ever?
The super hit game Candy Crush Saga is now available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch!
Candy Crush Saga features:
- Tasty graphics that will leave you hungry for more
- Easy and fun to play, but a challenge to fully master
- Over 100 sweet levels
- Leaderboards for you and your friends
- Items to unlock by completing levels
- Boosters and charms to help with those challenging levels
- Seamless synchronization with the Facebook version