Mobile order and delivery service Foodora has launched a new feature today called ‘Shops’, which expands its capabilities beyond restaurants.
The new ‘Shops’ feature launches in Toronto, Ontario, with over 60 new vendors available, ranging from flowers, pet food, pharmacy, craft beers and more.
Here’s a list of some retailers under the new ‘Shops’ tab:
- Wine Rack (11 locations across downtown Toronto)
- Fresh & Wild Food Market (69 Spadina Ave.)
- The Dog Bowl (984 Dundas St. W.)
- Popeye’s Supplements Canada (6 locations across Toronto)
- Pace Pharmacy and Compounding (14 Isabella St.)
- Strange Love Coffee (101 Spadina Ave.)
- Reid’s Distillery (32 Logan Ave.)
- 12 local breweries, including Amsterdam Brewhouse, Henderson Brewing Co. and Bellwoods Brewery to the west; and Rorschach Brewing Co. and Eastbound Brewing to the east
“We know that Canadians are early e-Commerce adopters – they expect their preferred retailers to be accessible from anywhere at any time, and foodora is the on-demand piece of this puzzle,” said David Albert, managing director, foodora Canada, in an issued statement to iPhone in Canada.
Foodora says its platform in Toronto already has 1,500+ restaurants available.
“foodora’s already much more than a restaurant delivery platform – instead of turning to one of the bigger, costly services that often require subscriptions, customers can now find awesome, local products on foodora and get them delivered within 60 minutes.”
Those ordering liquor will need to show valid ID showing they are 19 years of age or older and if that is unavailable, orders are cancelled and a $20 restocking fee applies.
Foodora says they plan to expand the Shops feature to other select markets across Canada in 2020. Click here to sign up and get $10 off your first order.