To celebrate this year’s ‘Pi Day’ on March 14, Google Canada is sharing ‘pie’ search trends in honour of the mathematical constant “π” or ‘“pi”, which represents the ratio of a circumference of a circle to its diameter.
“Whatever pie you decide to bake, be sure to enjoy it at 1:59 p.m. on Sunday in honour of pi’s first several digits (3.14159),” says Google.
Below are Canada’s top cities that searched for pie over the past 12 months:
- Maple Ridge
- St. Catharines
Below are the uniquely searched pie types by province between February 24 and March 3, 2021:
- British Columbia – Grasshopper Pie
- Alberta – Egg Pie
- Yukon – Apple Pie
- Saskatchewan – Saskatoon Berry Pie
- Manitoba – Billy Miner Pie
- Ontario – Steak Pie
- Northwest Territories – Apple Pie
- Nunavut – Strawberry Apple Pie
- Québec – Mini Egg Cookie Pie
- New Brunswick – Butterscotch Pie
- Newfoundland and Labrador – Apple Pie
- Prince Edward Island – Raspberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Nova Scotia – Sweet Potato Pie
Which pie will you be backing this Sunday?