Google has released an update to allow Mobile Safari to have the same Google Maps experience you would get from your desktop. All you have to do is visit maps.google.com in Mobile Safari, and you’ll be able to do the following:
- See your current location
- Search for whatâ€™s nearby with suggest and auto complete
- Have clickable icons of popular businesses and transit stations
- Get driving, transit, biking, and walking directions
- Turn on satellite, transit, traffic, biking, and other layers
- View Place pages with photos, ratings, hours, and more
- When signed into your Google account, access your starred locations and My Maps
You have got to appreciate the work Google provides for iOS users. They have previously introduced interactive weather results, Google Docs editing, easter eggs within search, a ‘news near you’ feature, and the Google Authenticator app for 2-step verification.
Let me know what you think of Google Maps within Mobile Safari.