Today, the Google-owned social navigation app Waze has updated its iOS and Android app with a whole bunch of new features.
The most notable new feature is the ability to share your location with a friend with a single tap. Users have the ability to share their current location, their current destination, one of their past destinations, or your home/work address.
The update to version 3.8 also includes the ability to add friends to your account straight from your phone’s contact list. In the latest update Waze allows you to easily share your drive with one or more of your friends by tapping their photo in your Waze contact/friends list.
Here is a full list of new features available in the latest update:
What’s New in Version 3.8.0
Keeping up with friends and family is easier than ever before! With new & improved features, put an end to those pesky texts and phone calls – “I’m leaving now,” “I’m stuck in traffic,” “Almost there!” – and let Waze do the work for you.
– Find more friends on Waze by adding Contacts
– Send & receive friend requests and manage your friends list
– Get in touch with friends directly from their profiles: Share a drive, call, message or beep beep to say – hello!
– Locations sent between friends are saved on user profiles for future navigation
– New easy-to-use design for sending locations
– Share your drive to let friends & family know you’re on the way
– Redesigned ETA screen includes friends display to easily share your drive
– New icon on ETA tab shows the number of people viewing your shared drive, and expands for overview of activity
– Main menu redesigned to include new Send Location button and Share Drive button in Nav mode
– Waze freezing when performing a search
– General stability improvements
The new version of Waze is now available for iOS and Android users. Waze for iOS is available as a free download from the App Store.