Instagram’s Hyperlapse app allows users to create polished time lapse videos using their iPhone or iPad. The app uses the gyroscope and other software customizations to capture smooth time lapse videos that would be difficult to capture with a high-end camera.
The app, which comes with basic settings and controls, allows users to record video at 720p, with the option of speeding up their video up to 12 times. YouTube user hoschdebacha has discovered a collection of advanced settings hidden inside the app.
To access the hidden settings, tap the screen four times with four fingers. A new “Labs” menu will appear with options that allow you to change the video quality to 1080p, change the frame rate, change the save location, and a lot more.
Here is hoschdebacha’s video which shows you how to access the hidden menu:
Here is a complete list of features available in the app:
– Shoot handheld time lapse videos in motion— while you’re walking, running, jumping or falling.
– Smooth out your video for cinematic quality with automatic stabilization.
– Speed up your hyperlapse to be up to 12 times the speed.
– Share your videos seamlessly on Instagram and Facebook or save them to your camera roll to share anywhere, anytime.
– Start filming immediately with a simple design that gets out of the way of your creativity
– Download and start capturing. No sign up or account required.
Hyperlapse from Instagram is available as a free download from the App Store. The app requires a device running iOS 7 or later and has been optimized for the iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.