In a new video published on its YouTube support channel, Apple has explained how you can set up your new iPhone by transferring your data from your previous one, and how you can prepare your previous iPhone for Apple Trade-In.
To help you prepare your iPhone for Trade-In, Apple details the process of turning off Find My, and then securely erasing information from your device.
To factory reset your device:
- Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device]
- Then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID password
- Then confirm that you want to erase your device.
- Wait for your device to erase. Depending on your device, it can take a few minutes to completely erase your data.
Check out the video walkthrough of how you can get the iPhone ready for trade-in.