How to Easily Transfer Data to Your New iPhone 13 [VIDEO]
If you’ve just got your shiny new iPhone 13, or any other new iPhone running the latest version of iOS, you can easily set it up by using Quick Start to restore from your iCloud backup or directly from your old iPhone.
You can even get free temporary iCloud storage if you need it.
When setting up your new iPhone you can use Quick Start to restore from your iCloud backup, so everything is right where you like it.
Here’s how. pic.twitter.com/tjEVpvFjGE
— Apple Support (@AppleSupport)
Quick Start direct data transfer occupies both new and old iPhones, so make sure that you choose a time when you won’t need to use your current device for several minutes.
To transfer data to your new iPhone using Quick Start, follow these steps:
- Turn on your new device and place it near your current device.
- A screen appears on your current device that offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new device. If you don’t see the option to continue on your current device, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Wait for an animation to appear on your new device. Hold your current device over the new device, then center the animation in the viewfinder.
- Wait for a message that says Finish on New [Device]. If you can’t use your current device’s camera, tap Authenticate Manually, then follow the onscreen steps.
- When asked, enter your current device’s passcode on your new device. Then follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new device.
- When you see the Transfer Data from [Device] screen, tap Continue to begin transferring your data from your previous device to your new device.
- Keep your devices near each other and plugged in to power until the data migration process is complete.
Transfer times can vary based on factors such as network conditions and the amount of data being transferred.