How to Upgrade to iOS 5 Beta Without a Developer Account
Warning: the following info is for educational purposes only. Use at your own risk, we are not responsible.
It appears a loophole has been discovered by a clever developer to install iOS 5 beta on your iPhone without a developer account. As per Gizmodo:
Download and Install iOS 5
1. Download the iOS 5 IPSW file from the web (it’s easy and readily available. Just Google it and torrent it down).
2. Update your iPhone using iTunes. To do this, connect your iPhone to your computer, click on theÂ Check for Update button with theOption (Mac) orÂ Shift (PC) key pressed. Select the iOS 5 IPSW file from the place you downloaded it to.
3. Wait until it upgrades. A new activation screen will appear.
Activate iOS 5
1. Triple click the home button. This will activate the Voice Over.
2. Triple click the home button and Emergency Call will appear.
3. Click on Emergency Call and, while it’s switching, swipe with yourÂ three fingers down.
4. The Notification Center will appear!
5. Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load.
6. Click on the home button to exit to the iPhone’s springboard.
We haven’t verified this, but it’s a very interesting workaround I never thought could happen. If you dare to try this, let us know how it works for you. It’s noted that Apple can easily shut down this loophole and render your iPhone useless, so be warned.