Apple has been honored with a total of eight nominations in the 36th annual Imagen Award for five of its Apple TV+ originals.
A new press release announces that Apple has received eight Imagen Award nominations across five programs, including “Ted Lasso,” “The Mosquito Coast,” “Little Voice,” “Ghostwriter” and “Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special.”
In total, Apple today was recognized with Imagen Award nominations for:
- Best Director – Television: Natalia Beristain, “The Mosquito Coast”
- Best Music Composition for Film or Television: Antonio Pinto, “The Mosquito Coast”
- Best Primetime Program – Specials & Television Movies: “Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special”
- Best Supporting Actor – Television (Comedy): Cristo Fernández, “Ted Lasso”
- Best Supporting Actor – Television (Drama): Kevin Valdez, “Little Voice”
- Best Supporting Actress – Television (Drama): Ofelia Medina, “The Mosquito Coast”
- Best Young Actor – Television: Isaac Arellanes, “Ghostwriter”
- Best Youth Programing: “Ghostwriter”
Some of the other top nominees for this year’s awards, which recognizes an array of Latinx talent, storytelling, and diverse programs, are Netflix’s “Selena: The Series” and “Mucho Mucho Amor: The Legend of Walter Mercado,” Hulu’s “Love, Victor, La Llorona,” HBO Max’s “Veneno” and FX series’ “Mayans M.C.” and “Pose.“
Helen Hernandez, president of the Imagen Foundation, announced the nominations on Monday. The Imagen Awards will be streamed on PBSSoCal.org and KCET.org on Sunday, October 10, at 5 p.m. PT.
“The Imagen Foundation continues to be proud of being the only awards ceremony that honors Latino talent and contributions within the television, film, and streaming platforms,” Hernandez said. “This year we hit another milestone, having increased to 350 submissions for consideration, a record since last year. There is no question that there is a wealth of talent amongst our community. Our theme this year, ‘Our Community: Diverse, Talented, and United,’ speaks to the array of entries.”