Instagram Stories Celebrates Its 2nd Birthday, Touts Growth of Creativity Tools
Today, Instagram Stories celebrates its second birthday. Stories gave people a new way to share everyday moments on Instagram.
Since the feature launched two years ago, it has been used by more than 400 million Instagram users. The company has focused on bringing users an innovative and interactive way to create and share their experiences through stories. In an email sent to iPhoneinCanada, Instagram highlighted a few of their milestones:
- Connective tools like the poll sticker, the emoji slider and now, the questions sticker [that I’m sure has taken over your Stories!]. These give people easy, quick ways to interact and chat with your friends in real-time.
- Music on Instagram Stories, which gives people a way to express themselves in the most universal way: through song! Music is such a huge part of our community, and this feature is the first time we’ve brought it to Instagram in this way.
- Creative tools like GIF stickers and Type Mode that let people express themselves in any moment, even if they don’t have a photo or video to share.
- Camera formats like Boomerang, Superzoom and recently Focus, that can transform boring moments into something special.
- AR camera effects from some of the top accounts on Instagram, including Ariana Grande, NBA, Buzzfeed and more. While AR filters aren’t new, we introduced an entirely new way to discover and use them.
Instagram is committed to delivering more features and tools within Stories to help users express their creativity.