iOS Users Can Now Enjoy iHeartRadio in BMW and MINI Vehicles
In an official announcement today, BMW Group has revealed that all iHeartRadio users on iOS can now enjoy iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one streaming music and live radio service, in any BMW equipped with the BMW Apps option as well as MINI Connected ready vehicles.
The company also announced that the demos of the iHeartRadio integration will be available Wednesday, April 1 and Thursday, April 2 on the BMW Stand at the 2015 New York International Auto Show, inside the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan.
The iHeartRadio for Auto app has been specially certified by BMW for safe in-car use. The app uses the BMW Group’s A4A (Apps for Automotive) technology and can be downloaded for iOS-based devices from the Apple App Store. Having connected a smartphone to the car via the USB socket or snap-in adapter and launched the app, users are presented with various functions via the iDrive Controller/MINI Controller, the Control Display/MINI Centre Instrument and the car’s audio system. To use the app in BMW and MINI models, the BMW ConnectedDrive Services or MINI Connected option needs to be specified.
Starting today, all iOS users downloading the iHeartRadio for Auto app will find it fully compatible with BMW and MINI ready vehicles. Below are the main features:
- Access to thousands of iHeartRadio’s live radio stations from across the country and a catalog of more than 20 million songs and 800,000 artists to create custom stations.
- A personalized “For You” feature with tailored recommendations based on listeners’ specific music preferences.
- Access to saved Favorites, with the ability to add or remove stations.
- Browse recent stations, including live and custom radio stations based on a song or artist.
- The ability to Thumbs up/Thumbs down songs to create a more personalized experience.
- Scan live radio stations to foster music discovery and search podcasts offering on-demand news, celebrity and entertainment talk show content.
- An intuitive viewing experience on the in-car, high-resolution Control Display.
- Comfortable and safe to use with the BMW iDrive Controller or MINI Controller.