Will the Upcoming ‘iPhone 13’ Be A Good Investment?
In an article over at SellCell, it has been discussed that while the iPhone 12 range is holding its value by nearly 10% more than the previous generation iPhone 11, will the upcoming ‘iPhone 13’ also be an equally good investment to make or not.
To answer this question, it is important to review the price depreciation of the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 models. Since both the lines have held their value well and are still worth money to owners, it seems to suggest that the iPhone 13 will be a wise purchase this September.
Below are some key findings from SellCell’s iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 depreciation data:
- Both the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 ranges lose on—average—40 – 50% of their value within the first four weeks of launch.
- Post iPhone 12 launch, the iPhone 11 range lost a further 8% of its value within three months and 10% of its value within nine months.
- Despite an initial steep reduction in value, the iPhone 11 range exhibits a steadying in its depreciation, retaining value well.
- The iPhone 12 range is currently holding 9.3% more value than the iPhone 11 range did six months post-launch.
- The iPhone 12 Mini has depreciated the most from the iPhone 12 range of handsets, losing 41.0% after six months.
Apple is expected to release an iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and an iPhone 13 Pro Max around September 13th or 14th, with preorders beginning on the 17th.