iPhone FAQ’s: Your Emails Answered!
As you can probably see on the top of my blog, I have a Contact Me page. Ever since I started this iPhone blog in December of 2007, the number of emails I have received have increases everyday. Sometimes the questions ask about a specific problem with an iPhone, or some ask about my opinion on what to do, or how to perform a function on the iPhone.
The bottom line, is that the majority of questions people ask me can be found by reading my Top Posts! I guess sometimes everybody is in such a rush that they want answers immediately and don’t have time to research. Well, just to let everyone know out there, I work a full time job Monday-Friday, so I apologize if I didn’t respond to your email or if the answer wasn’t detailed enough. Anyways, regardless I have committed myself to responding to almost every single email I receive!
To see the lighter side of Canadian iPhone owners (or soon-to-be-owners of the iPhone), and just how much confusion is out there regarding the iPhone in Canada, I’m going to post a few emails here and respond to them. Hopefully this will let everybody out there get an idea of the emails I’ve been receiving lately! Of course, I am going to leave out names/emails.
The purpose of this post is to let everyone know that the answer to your question can be found by doing a little research with some patience. If all else fails, then send me an email. 🙂 These emails are unedited…this is the way they showed up in my inbox. 😉
iPhone in Canada FAQ’s: Your Emails Answered, Part 1
- Q: is there hack for 1.1.3 yet? i really want my iphone to start working…
- A: There is unfortunately no phone unlock for 1.1.3 yet, but there is a jailbreak/upgrade available if you’re on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2.
- Q: what do you think about the software solutions?
like simfree and such.
I’m getting a iPHONE next weekend but don’t want to spend yet more money on
- A: Software unlocks only work on 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 iPhones. If you’re on 1.1.2, you will need a SIM solution, such as a StealthSIM to unlock your iPhone. There is no software unlock out for 1.1.2/1.1.3 OTB iPhones just quite yet.
- Q: Hi there, I got a unlocked,jailbroken, iphone with firmware 1.0.2 (bought it pre
unlocked months ago). I was wondering if there is an easy way to upgrade to
1.1.2 firmware? I am not sure how the iphone was unlocked and jailbroken when
I got it. (installer app crashes… )
- A: Yes, it is possible to upgrade to 1.1.2 software, however it will take some work. Check out my iPhone Unlocking Guides to choose the appropriate guide for you.
- Q: Hey, im just curious as to where the best place is to purchase an Iphone. I’ve
recently tried to work a deal with people that are selling unlocked 1.1.2
firmware Iphones for $250; but I soon got a good idea that it was a sketchy
scheme through facebook. Do you have any good recommendations of where I
should look to purchase an Iphone. Thanks
- A: $250 for a 1.1.2 iPhone is going to be a scam, since iPhones sell for $399US brand new. The best place to buy an iPhone is either Craigslist or eBay. Check out my post on the Top 5 Ways for Canadians to Buy an iPhone.
- Q: does a FIDO sim card work on an unlocked iPhone???
does 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 make a difference???
- A: Fido SIM cards will work on an unlocked iPhone. Currently, 1.0.2, 1.1.1, and 1.1.2 (SIM solution only) can be unlocked. Read more with my Unlocking Guides.
- Q: I am going to Vegas in February. I want to go to the Apple store and buy the
latest iPhone. Can I just put in my Rogers sim card and use the phone? Please
let me know what I should do. Thank you
- A: iPhones come locked to AT&T in the USA. You need to “unlock” them in order for them to work with Rogers or Fido. You can’t just pop in a SIM card! You will need to check that the firmware of your iPhone is from the production week of 51 or 52.
I hope some of these questions and answers open up the eyes to the new iPhone owners out there. I’ll be honest, as some of my email responses weren’t as detailed as the ones above–I am only human and can take so much. 😉 Thanks again for everyone who keeps visiting my blog and sending me emails. Cheers! =)
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed, so you won’t miss any updates!