iTunes 10.5.1 Beta Released to Developers
On the heels of today’s iTunes 10.5 release, Apple has released iTunes 10.5.1 to developers to further test iTunes Match Beta (US only):
iTunes 10.5.1 beta 1 includes several performance enhancements and bug fixes, and is a
required update for all subscribers to iTunes Match beta. iTunes Match is not included in the
iTunes 10.5 GM release.
• iTunes Match beta is available as an automatically renewing subscription for $24.99 per
year. You may cancel at any time from your Account settings.
• You can subscribe to iTunes Match using iTunes 10.5.1 beta 1 on your Mac. iTunes Match
is not available with iTunes for Windows at this time. You cannot subscribe to iTunes
Match from your iOS device.
• You can access your iCloud library on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch with iOS 5, or your
other computers with iTunes 10.5.1 beta 1.
• Once subscribed, you can add up to 25,000 songs to iCloud, and iTunes purchases do
not count against this limit. iTunes Match will not add your apps, books, movies, TV
shows, ringtones, and audiobooks to your iCloud library. These items can continue to be
synced to your iOS device with iTunes. iTunes LPs and iTunes Extras are also
• iTunes Match includes limits to how you may access your iCloud library:
– You can use iTunes Match on up to 10 computers and iOS devices, up to five of
which can be computers authorized with your Apple ID.
– You can only associate computers and devices with a different Apple ID once every
If you have access to a US iTunes account, you should be able to test iTunes Match Beta. Apple has mentioned iTunes Match should be available ‘shortly’ in Canada after the initial U.S. release.